Subject: Indices

I'm looking at the emacs texinfo markup.

It has indexterms marked by 'class', e.g. index terms for variables,
functions, keys etc.

Is there such capability in docbook please?

I can use

  <indexterm class='variable'>
             <primary>track-eol</primary>
          </indexterm>

But is there any mechanism to group index entries by some attribute
value? I don't think the zone attribute is applicabe?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT, XSL-FO and Docbook FAQ