Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] oXygen 9 beta with WYSIWYG-like editing supportfor DocBook

Elliotte Harold wrote:
[...]
> I do expect that real semantic markup may not fit in a toolbar. Menus or
> palettes may be a better option than buttons. I do like the compromise
> that was suggested where the i button drops down to a menu, and the user
> has to choose the *reason* they're italicizing some text. That will
> actually help teach users and wean them off presentational markup in a
> way a simple one-click i-button won't.

Support for providing a drop down button with a set of actions in the
custom toolbar was recorded on our Jira to be fixed in version 9.1. We
just discussed about that in a meeting a few minuets ago and we decided
to implement that support for the 9.0 release.
When the custom toolbar for a document type is defined it will be
possible to add an "action group" and then place actions inside that
action group. The "action group" will have a name and an icon and it
will be presented with the icon plus a drop down arrow or, if no icon is
specified, with the name and a drop down arrow.
Once we have this ready we will consider also some updated on the
default customization for DocBook to take advantage of this support.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina - http://aboutxml.blogspot.com/
http://www.oxygenxml.com