Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] role and xml:id

This usage of profiling attributes on XIncludes like this:

    <xi:include href="TimeMachine.xml" os="leopard"/>

can be made to work if you are willing to add steps to the processing
chain.  With single-pass profiling with XIncludes, then the xinclude is
resolved before the profiling step, so the os attribute is gone.  If you
run the separate profiling stylesheet first, before the xinclude process,
then you can profile on your xinclude elements.

However, you have to be careful, because any profiling attributes within
XIncluded content won't be processed, unless you do profiling again after
the xinclude step.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Jacques Foucry" <jacques@foucry.net>
To: "docbook-apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 8:31 AM

On 3 nov. 07, at 13:23, Thomas Schraitle wrote:

> A solution could be to insert the parent para with an os="leopard"  like
> this:

> Did you tried this?

I just tried and it works.

I found the exact problem. with profile.os=tiger defined some chapter
only leopard were included. And that because I included them like that :

<xi:include href="TimeMachine.xml" os="leopard"/>

And it doesn't work. In fact, if i understood, the role have to be
declared inside the chapter file. For entire leopard chapter, in the
chapter tag.

Thanks a lot for you time and your help,

Jacques
--
« Mac OS X Server à votre Service » est épuisé.
Vous pouvez désormais l'acquérir en PDF