Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Imagedata and XInclude

One more thought.

I decided to go with the MathML files that represented my equations and
then Xinclude them in the Docbook equations. This separates the Docbook
files from the MathML files and avoids the issue of having both DB and
MathML in a single file.

Regards,

Dean Nelson
Enterprise Electronics Corp

-----Original Message-----
From: Nelson, Dean [mailto:dean.nelson@eecradar.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:42 AM
To: davepJUNKTHIS@dpawson.co.uk
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

That's a good question Dave.

Theoretically, I would not want to generate non-standard Docbook code.
Right now I use the DTD as is and add some additional capability for
modularity in the customization layer - which is where I add in support
for xi:xinclude for chapter, book, etc. I really do not consider those
changes as making the DTD non-standard, but I guess down deep, it may.

However, I have over 300 files in this doc project and only two more
days on this project. I really do not want to destabilize the project by
moving to DB5 because I do not think I can clean up all of the issues in
that time. When this project was started, DB5 was still in it's infancy
and I chose not to go that route and stay with Docbook 4.5.

That said, I think that I hammered the MathML support into 4.5 when I
probably should have spent the time moving to DB5 instead. So now I have
this horse with a pig's tail ;-) and probably have to live with it until
there is time to get everything into DB5.