Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Font used for hyphenation-character

I believe it goes through that list trying to find a font that has a
particular character. I haven't bothered embedding zapf dingbats and
haven't heard any complaints since I started using that left arrow
character a year or so ago. Previously, when using an older version of
xep that didn't support multiple fonts, I'd been using a pilcrow since
it was in our monospace font.

David