Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Q: markup author as initials

Hi Jere

> It might be worth trying, something like: <personname
> role="approver">AJH</personname>.  Does anyone see obvious problems
> with this approach?

It doesn't say anything about the *content* of personname, which in my
case is a set of initials (or any opaque moniker); i.e. it *isn't* a
first- or a surname, or any of the other allowed child elements.

I'm not that concerned with the fact that this is an approver. For that
I'd use::

    <othercredit>
        <personname>
        </personname>