Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Weird olink database error

The target database is an XML file, not an XHTML file, and should be
generated as such for all of the final output types.

Perhaps this is a bug in the style sheets?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Pawson [mailto:davep@dpawson.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 2:24 PM
To: Pedro Pastor
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Pedro Pastor wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I suffer from the same problem but using the "website" XSL
> application. In this case Saxon issues a HTML DOCTYPE on the top of
the file.

> The latest snag I've hit is that when building the olink target data
> base using the xhtml chunking sheet set to only build the target
> database, Saxon adds a blank line followed by the XHTML DOCTYPE to the
top of the file.

Why is this an issue for xml processing? Is it wrong?

http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/xsl-elements.html#xsl:output
specifies the xslt output options.

If you ask for xhtml output then Saxon gives it.
If you ask for xml output then no doctype should be output.

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/html/chunking.htm
provides the docbook customization.

regards

--