Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Something like an attribute-set, but different

Hi Tom,

On 14 Dec 2007, at 12:56, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I'm having difficulty getting the desired effect, though (either with
>> params or attribute sets), which I think is due to my
>> misunderstanding of Xpath query syntax.  I've constructed a very
>> small case that illustrates my misunderstanding.
>>
>> Within an attribute-set, the following evaluates as true
>>
>>    <xsl:when test="/book">
>>
>> But the following does not:
>>
>>    <xsl:when test="/book/info[1]">
>> nor does
>>    <xsl:when test="/book/info">
>
> The info element looks like you are using DocBook 5, right?
> In this case the above test is expected to fail, because the
> element belongs to no namespace. You need the DocBook5 namespace
> for each element. Insert the following line in <xsl:stylesheet>:
>
>   xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
>
> You have to change the XPath expression a bit to take care of the
> DocBook5 namespace:
>
>   <xsl:when test="/d:book/d:info[1]">

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but I'm afraid that I'd tried
adding namespaces and that didn't work.  Once I've added the correct
namespace declaration, the following test won't match:

	<xsl:when test="/d:book">

Let alone anything more complicated.  Making the docbook namespace
the default namespace doesn't help either.

I'm a bit confused that "/book" _does_ match - if it were a namespace
issue, then I wouldn't expect that to be matching either?

Thanks,

Geraint North
Principal Engineer
Transitive
* The leader in cross-platform virtualization

This E-mail and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
addressee please notify the sender by return and delete the message.
You must not disclose, forward or copy this E-mail or attachments to
any third party without the prior consent of the sender.