Subject: docbook to wordml conversion questions

Hello,

I'm having some issues with docbook to wordml conversion, and was
wondering if anyone on this list would be able to help me out.

The document gets converted with no errors, but there are some big
problems with ordered and itemized lists.

1)the text in the lists does not show up. It is in the generated
wordml document, however there are some elements missing around it
(<w:r><w:t> specifically, as if the <para> inside of <listitem> wasn't
getting parsed by the xsl sheet).
2) the current docbook-xsl release (1.73.2) itemized lists don't have
bullets, but ordered lists have numbers, and with the docbook-xsl
snapshot bulleted lists have bullets, but ordered lists don't have
numbers.

The document I'm trying to convert is as simple as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<article>
	<para>testing</para>

	<itemizedlist>
	</itemizedlist>

	<orderedlist>
	</orderedlist>
</article>

To solve 1) I've tried  with both <para> and without <para> inside of
<listitem> elements, but that doesn't help, and according to the
comments in the xsl stylesheet it expects <para> (as it should). The
only solution I found was to modify the roundtrip/docbook.xsl sheet
and insert <w:r><w:t> around the contents of the <listitem> element
definitely helps to solve this problem. (I'm fairly fluent in xsl, but
don't have much experience with debugging xsl files, so putting it
there manually rather than trying to track why the <para> inside of
<listitem> is getting ignored was easier for me.) According to the
wordml 2003 spec (http://rep.oio.dk/Microsoft.com/officeschemas/welcome.htm
) the <w:r><w:t> is required.

My second issue seems to be related to the worldml template document,
and I haven't been able to figure out what exactly changed in it and
why it suddenly shows bullets but numbers are gone.

I was also wondering if anyone is actively maintaining the docbook to
wordml xsl sheet (roundtrip/docbook.xsl) or if they are just
occasionally updated. Or are they intended just as an example and
should be developed further by users?

Thank you,
Mayo