Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook to wordml conversion questions

Not any experience with WordML at all, but for starters, your test
document is not valid DocBook (at least not valid DB V5), specifically
para cannot be the 1st child of article, at least as I understand from
reading http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/article.html (title or
info are the 1st mandatory possible children of article).

You should fix your test document before further testing, for example like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
 <article>
         <title>A Simple Test Article</title>
         <para>testing</para>
<!--         REST_OF_YOUR_TEST_DOCUMENT_GOES_HERE -->
</article>

Try to use a validation tool or a validating XML editor, in order to
be sure you process valid DocBook documents.

Good luck!