Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Page title formatting error with 1.69.1 stylesheets

You don't have to use xsltproc to process XIncludes. See
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Xinclude.html.

(You may still "make FOP do all the work", but breaking the processing into
two steps is often a good idea.)

> This is an up-to-date CentOS 5 system, so xsltproc is from libxslt
> 1.1.17, and the stylesheet RPM version is 1.69.1-2.  That "-2" means
> it's been patched at least once, so it's certain there's a difference
> between this an the official 1.69.1 version.

You may be aware of it already, but I should mention that the 1.69.1
stylesheets are rather old by now (the release was in August 2005). The most
recent version is 1.73.2 (from August 2007).

> Is there a way to make xsltproc ignore the catalog?

Remove or rename the catalog file.

By default, xsltproc looks for the catalog(s) specified in the
XML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable. If this variable is not specified,
/etc/xml/catalog is used.

/MJ