Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] First title in chunked output

Thanks for the ideas Jere and Bob.

Jere, I like the idea of using some of the new selection features of CSS3.

Bob, I actually did make the CSS selector more specific as you suggest but I found that at least with some browsers, the selector would also match a sect1 that was lower on the same page as the chapter.

What I've ended up doing in the short term is using the "chunk" template to tell if the element is a chunk or not. If a file has a chapter and a section in it, the chapter will be marked as a chunk and the section will not. This allows me to treat the first titlepage in the file differently. For example, my customized sect1.titlepage looks something like this:

<xsl:template name="chapter.titlepage">
    <xsl:variable name="ischunk">
      <xsl:call-template name="chunk"/>
    </xsl:variable>