Subject: Re: submitting stylesheet localization changes [was: To post a modifed file for inclusion in next rel...]

> I have made changes to common/ja.xml and would like it to check it in
> for inclusion in the next docbook-xsl release. I have also a text
file
> with details of the changes.
>
> Could someone please tell me the correct procedure for this and how
> to track it?
> (I followed instructions and attempted this before, but the file
> seemed to have disappeared into thin air!)
>
> Thanks
> Akagi *(cc'd)

Hi,

I don't know, but looked around to see if I could find information that
might help you, Akagi.

A November thread
[http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200711/threads.html]
was about an Italian translation, and somebody kindly checked-in the
patch (i.e., applied the changes).

Looking at the common/ja.xml file you mention, its comments ask the
file
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/docbook/trunk/gentext/locale/ja.xml

be edited against, rather than the generated (from that file) version
at common/ja.xml.
It continues that the edited file should be e-mailed to:
docbook-developers [at] lists.sourceforge.net.

> (I followed instructions and attempted this before, but the file
seemed
> to have disappeared into thin air!)

Hmm. I don't know how the process works, so can't say anything
definitive. :)
If I were to guess - perhaps the docbook-developers list isn't checked
often; or, gets lots of spam, which your submission got lost in.
I did find that list ISN'T included in the summary on the DocBook
project page
[https://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=21935]. ...Don't know if that's
significant.

A better URL for the comment might be:
https://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/docbook/trunk/gentext/locale/ja.xml
And for change history of the file, Akagi:
http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/gentext/locale/ja.xml
... That's just my $0.02 cents though. :o)

The DocBook project homepage [http://docbook.sourceforge.net/] also
points to
the project's patches page
[http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=21935&atid=373749]
as a way to submit. Hopefully someone will reply to the thread with
guidelines,
including for possible one-off submitters - like translators.

Best,

Richard.