Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook editor

Lou Iorio wrote:

> I use a Mac, not Windows, so I start Eclipse and then open the file I
> want to edit.

Actually, there's no difference between the two platforms in this
regard.  OS X also has file associations, and when using them, Eclipse
launches but doesn't open the file when you double-click on it, just
like Windows.  I just tried it on Leopard against Eclipse 3.3.1.1.

I guess this speaks well of Java's portability: even the bugs translate
perfectly. :)

> I still think Eclipse is great compared to the alternatives (at least
> those available to
> me with my system constraints). Emacs is a close second, but the outline
> feature in
> Eclipse makes it better for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's great for free, I like a lot of what they've
done, and I like the commoditization of development tools in general.
It just needs a little more baking time in the usability oven.