Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] match with mode does not match

On Feb 3, 2008 7:09 PM, Mansour <mansour77@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you, this explained everything but raised another question. I just
> changed my code and removed the @mode. Now,  the question is , why  did
> you use  @role in your example. Why didn't you use  @language ? Is there
> a specific reason ? Is any of them dedicated for this kind of customization?

Hi,

@role is often used for element subclassification, so it's a common
choice for customization. I'm not sure of the semantics of your
application. Is a @role really even necessary? The generic semantics
of the common attributes are suggested here:

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ref-elements.html#common.attributes

HTH,
Keith