Subject: External entities to graphics lost during profiling

I am using Saxon 6-5-5, DocBook XSL 1.73.2, and DocBook XML 4.5.

External entities to graphics disappear when I profile a document.

I declared an entity in a test document as follows:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"; [
<!ENTITY testgif SYSTEM "test.gif" NDATA GIF>
]>

I then inserted a mediaobject that referenced the entity:

  <mediaobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata entityref="testgif" format="GIF"/>
</imageobject>
</mediaobject>

The file test.gif is in the same directory as this document.

If I profile this document with profiling/profile.xsl and since the
mediaobject element is not to be profiled out, it is copied verbatim
to the profiled document.  However, the external entity to test.gif
is lost, thus not making it possible to be passed onto HTML.

I am using XML catalogs to resolve the DTD location.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

GUI Access