Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] change the color of a paragrapfh

The advantage of matching text()[ancestor::*/@role = 'scope']|xref[
ancestor::*/@role = 'scope' ] is that you can then add role="scope" to
any element and all the text within that element will be affected. So
you would do this in your customization layer:

<xsl:template match="text()[ ancestor::*/@role  = 'scope' ]|
xref[ancestor::*/@role = 'scope' ]">
 <fo:wrapper xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";;
color="#008000"><xsl:apply-imports/></fo:wrapper>
</xsl:template>

Otherwise, you'll have to create new templates for every element that
you want to be able to affect with role="scope".

David