Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook website tutorial

Lou Springer wrote:
> This looks like really nice work. I'm going to have to try it out to
> give it a full workout.
>
> I have a question more related the tool chain design than the document.
> I assume there must be some constraint that prevents the use of standard
> Docbook 5 and the related HTML stylesheets?

Yes, none of the website stylesheets are namespaced, i.e. they
process content in the null|default namespace.

> Also, do you think it might be helpful to recommend some editing tools?
> On the other hand,

<grin/> NO. Most definately not! I hate flame wars/permathreads
whatever!
   <stir>Anyway, there is only one editor? Emacs</strir>

  I suppose there are many options that are already
> documented elsewhere on your site.

I've tried to avoid it, editors seem to be such a personal
preference; all you can do is list them and report good
points bad points. Chances are that what I think are good
(features) others won't like, so IMHO it's just not worth it.

Google for xml editors - try them and take your pick.
Oxygen is the only other editor I've come away thinking
good things about.

regards

--
Dave Pawson