Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook website tutorial

Dave, that's an excellent overview!  I have a few comments/suggestions:

- inconsistent use of "docbook" vs. "DocBook"

- perhaps use "Website" to differentiate the DTD from any arbitrary
web site?

- DocBook:TDG is co-authored by Norm Walsh and Leonard Muellner

- Another reason to use Website is that it builds all of the
navigation system for you automatically, once you have defined the
structure.

For the issue with versions in the directory names, you might suggest
making an alias/symbolic link/shortcut instead of renaming the
directory? Then you could easily switch versions by changing where the
link points?

I have used Website for some time as well, but use a combination of
Make script, xsltproc, and rsync instead of ant. Rsync and xsltproc
are standard in Mac OS X, and make is installed as part of the
Developer tools, so the only items that need to be installed on OS X
are the DTD and style sheets. I could send an example script if you
are interested.

--------
Brad Tombaugh
mailto:Brad@Tombaugh.org