Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Shared entity include file issues

Hi,
A catalog entry can resolve an entity reference.  Can you describe your catalog entries?

Have you tried using the catalog debugging feature of the parser?  What parser are you using?

Does the file still exist in the current directory?  If you are using xsltproc, then if it finds it in the current directory, it will use that and not bother with executing a catalog lookup.  I complained about this "feature" to the developers of xsltproc, asking for at least an option to force catalog retrieval, but I don't think it happened.

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 6:08 PM

All,

I have an ENTITY in the DOCTYPE for my documents that references an entity file that I include. However, I want to move that to central directory so that it can be available for other docs as well.

I would like to resolve it's location with a catalog file, but I am having no luck adding it to my catalog file. The file is still looked for in the current directory.

For example here is my source:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN" "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd"[
 <!ENTITY % xinclude SYSTEM "met-xinclude.mod">
 <!ENTITY % met-defs SYSTEM "met-defs.mod">
 %xinclude;
 %met-defs;
]>

<book>
 <title>&DOC_TITLE;</title>

I would like to map the two mod files to a specific directory with a catalog  file. I have looked at  Bob's section on "Using an XML catalog to relocate dbgenent.mod" in

But that kind of hides the info a bit plus it only works with one extra include file, not two. It seems like a catalog should resolve an "ENTITY" filename.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,
Dean Nelson