Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DB 5 -- Element "example" not allowed inside element"article" ?

Thank you! Dick. You are right, I was trying to insert "example" tag before "info" & after "section"
Per your suggestions, I included it before section & it worked! Any idea, where can I find documentation about -- what elements are allowed under a given parent and what should be the sequence of the children elements? Appreciate your replies.
- A

Dick Hamilton wrote:
Anagha,

The most likely possibility is that you've got <example>
either before the <title> or <info> elements, or after
one of the "section" elements (<section>, <sect1>, etc.)

For example,

<article ...>
  <title>the title</title>
  <example>....</example>
  <section>......</section>
</article>

would be ok, but:

<article ...>
  <title>the title</title>
  <section>......</section>
  <example>....</example>
</article>

is invalid.

If that's not the problem, then if you could post the
shortest example you have that fails, that would help
diagnose the problem.

Dick Hamilton
rlhamilton@frii.com