Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] DB 5 -- Element "example" not allowed inside element "article" ?

Title: Message
Anagha,

If you're using DocBook 5.0, there are two resources you should
look at first:

- The draft DocBook 5.0 Definitive Guide:
- The DocBook 5.0 How-to: http://docbook.org/docs/howto/

The definitive guide will give you the details of DocBook's
syntax.  Norm Walsh, who authors the guide has just updated
it to make it easier to read.  The section called "Understanding
Content Models" describes how to read the detailed syntax.
You can find that description here:

The How-to will give you information about how DocBook 5.0
has changed, and also give you suggestions on how best to
use DocBook.  These two should give you a good start.

Dick
-----Original Message-----
From: Anagha Tongaonkar [mailto:anagha@3dgeo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 6:15 PM
To: Dick Hamilton
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Thank you! Dick. You are right, I was trying to insert "example" tag before "info" & after "section"
Per your suggestions, I included it before section & it worked! Any idea, where can I find documentation about -- what elements are allowed under a given parent and what should be the sequence of the children elements? Appreciate your replies.
- A

Dick Hamilton wrote:
Anagha,

The most likely possibility is that you've got <example>
either before the <title> or <info> elements, or after
one of the "section" elements (<section>, <sect1>, etc.)

For example,

<article ...>
  <title>the title</title>
  <example>....</example>
  <section>......</section>
</article>

would be ok, but:

<article ...>
  <title>the title</title>
  <section>......</section>
  <example>....</example>
</article>

is invalid.

If that's not the problem, then if you could post the
shortest example you have that fails, that would help
diagnose the problem.

Dick Hamilton
rlhamilton@frii.com