Subject: Re: [docbook] PDF Convertion faults

[moving this over to the docbook-apps mailing list where such issues are
discussed]

Hi,
Some comments below.

----- Original Message -----
From: "fingerli" <MICHAEl.finger@gmx.ch>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 5:53 AM
Subject: [docbook] PDF Convertion faults

> HI @ all
>
> There are some faults by converting my file (with docbook 5.0) into pdf.
> The
> following are:
>
> - links on external homepages doesn't work. i create them this way:
>
> <link xl:href="www.google.ch">Google</link>

This works when I try it.  Does your XML file declare the xl namespace?

> - there is no breakup

I don't understand what you mean by "breakup".

> - the tables are illegal ( table-layout="auto")

Most tables are assigned table-layout="fixed", but there are a few layout
tables for certain elements generated by the stylesheet that don't have a
table-layout property.  That is a deficiency of the stylesheet, but FOP
still processes them as "fixed" after complaining about them.

> - some pages produce an overflow

FOP still has some bugs like that.  Turning off keep-together on tables
seems to help.

> - the formatting with CSS doesn't work. Is this because the FOP can't read
> CSS?

That's correct.