Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] indexterm and FOP

Yes, I have no problem with that: we are adding the
terms that should appear in the index, as extra text.

And it usually works flawlessly, when the indexterms
are in the "flow" of the text.

But some terms are relevant to a section "as a whole"
and (therefore) the corresponding index entry should
point to the first page of the section, not the first
page of the content, or (worse) descendant sections.

In those cases (ie where index terms are relevant to a
whole section and not just some paragraph), indexterm
elements cannot be anywhere else but as children of
section:

- if they are put at the start of the actual content,
  the page number can be wrong (if the section
  starts at the end of a page for example) -- and it
  is semantically wrong anyway

- if they are put in a descendant section it is
  semantically very wrong, and the page number will
  very likely be incorrect.

Or is there another way?

Regards,
EB