Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Cannot use entity (reference to file) in parameter file - DocBook 5

Hello John,

On Samstag, 5. April 2008, John Brown wrote:
> [...]
> When I run 'xmllint --noout --relaxng /path/to/docbook.rng test.xml',
> it returns:
> test.xml:1: element chapter: Relax-NG validity error : Did not expect
> element chapter there
> test.xml:1: element chapter: Relax-NG validity error : Element book
> failed to validate content
> test.xml fails to validate
>
> If I comment out "&test1;" and uncomment the chapter definition, then
> test.xml validates.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately, I experienced also some problems with xmllint in regard to
DocBook5 validation. I would suggest to try another validator, for
example jing or msv. See the following link for more information:

  http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/#validators

By the way: You can also use XInclude instead of external entities. This
technique is also described in the above document.

Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle