Subject: Re: Turn off draft mode in selected sections

Bob Stayton <bobs <at> sagehill.net> writes:

> From: "John Brown" <johnbrown105 <at> hotmail.com>
>

> > "individual sections will be treated as draft or final
> > independently, depending on how their status attribute is set.
> > "
> >
> > What are the legal values of the status attribute?
>

> The test used by the stylesheet to add draft markings is this:
>
> <xsl:when test="ancestor-or-self::*[@status][1]/@status = 'draft'">
>
> In other words, it checks ancestors and self for a status attribute, and
> applies it if the closest status is 'draft'.

OK.

> > I only want this because I observed that when draft mode is on,
> > the PDF does not have any images except the draft watermark.
>
> I'm curious about this statement.  The draft mode should not affect any
> graphics in the document, and it doesn't in my tests.  What processor are
> you using?

For what it's worth, I am using xsltproc and fop.

You are right. Draft mode does not remove graphics. However, the graphics are
drawn on top of the watermark, so if they are large enough, they will hide it.
That is what happened. Because I had only one image in my test document
(a screenshot that I was displaying as large as possible) , I assumed that draft
mode made it disappear.

> > I thought that something like the following might work:
> >
> > <book status="draft">
> >   <title/>
> > </book>
> > but "no" didn't work.
>
> This worked for me.

I tried again and it worked. I don't know what I did differently.