Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Including external documents

Yes, this is possible.  I think you would need to create a custom
page-master to give you better control of margins, headers and footers.  You
could copy the simple-page-master and page-sequence-master for "back"
(normally used for appendices) to another name, and modify the margins to
fit your included image pages.  You could just use the top and bottom page
margins, and set the top and bottom body margins to zero pt.

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintOutput.html#TopBotMargins

These page-master elements would be defined in a template named
user.pagemasters as described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PageDesign.html#DeclarePageMasters

If you omit the region-before and region-after elements in the
simple-page-masters, then there will be no headers and footers, only the
body region.

To put the new page-master in play, you would need to add a role attribute
to the appendix element, and customize the template named
select.user.pagemaster as described here to respond to that role value:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PageDesign.html#UsePageMasters