Subject: Re: Including external documents

Bob Stayton <bobs <at> sagehill.net> writes:

> Yes, this is possible.  I think you would need to create a custom
> page-master to give you better control of margins, headers and footers.

<snip/>

> To put the new page-master in play, you would need to add a role attribute
> to the appendix element, and customize the template named
> select.user.pagemaster ...

<snip/>

Let's see if I understand:

<!-- not necessarily syntactically correct -->
<appendix>
  <title>Confidentiality Agreement</title>
  <para/>
</appendix>
<appendix role="no-headers-and-footers">
  <!-- No title or empty title, of course -->
  <mediaobject>
    <imageobject>
      <imagedata fileref="confidentiality_agreement.pdf" scale="100%"/>

    </imageobject>
  </mediaobject>
</appendix>

The first appendix (with nothing in it but the title) would appear in
the PDF as "Appendix A: Confidentiality Agreement". This text would
also appear in the table of contents.

The second appendix uses a custom stylesheet, thanks to the new role.
Assuming that the customisation was done correctly, it would have no
headers and footers, and would not appear in the table of contents.