Subject: First post, first questions

Hello list,

after 3 or 4 years of DocBook abstinence I'm now with a company where
they let me work out a concept and decide on the tool chain. From what I
read on the net I understand that lots of improvements have been made on
the DocBook stylesheets since I last laid a hand on one and I seem to
have to learn quite a bit - perfect.

I'm thinking of not only publishing PDF but also WebHelp using the
DocBook 5 stylesheets. From this article [1] I learn, that WebHelp is
generally possible. Fine. Unfortunately the link to SourceForge is
broken in this article but fortunately I found applethelp.xsl on Krugle
[2]. Fine again.

But anything I found regarding applethelp.xsl are comments on this list
from around 2004, which makes me wonder if I'm on the verge of using
outdated techniques. So here are my questions:

- Is there another way to create WebHelp from DocBook files?
- Is the version of applethelp.xsl on krugle the latest?

Now I go trying to make applethelp.xsl to work unless someone more
knowledgeable than me stops me from trying ...

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Best regards
Thomas Gier

--