Subject: Paragraph content model

/ Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> was heard to say:
| I wonder what the original reason was, unless it was M$ type of pressure
| to have everything everywhere.

See http://docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/para.html :-)

But more helpfully, consider the following example:

  There are times when it may be necessary to frob the foobar. These
  can be summarized as follows:

    <some table goes here>

  where anything that falls outside the boundaries of column 1 must
  be considered an error.

Logically, that's a single paragraph with a table in the middle. To
mark that up as two paragraphs with a table in between fails to
capture what the author intended.

Years of struggling with HTML has mostly trained me not to write that
way, or not to worry about the mangled markup that results from making
that three sibling elements, but it's still a rational markup model.

| I'm tempted to put an RFE in at sourceforge.

I suspect you'll be disapointed. BTW, did you ever follow-up on the
RFE that you did submit about change markup? I did reply to it.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | How can there be laughter, how can