Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to insert "placeholder" in my documentation

Hi Akagi,

I use this method:

create an entity file that declares your entities. Mine looks like this
(client-entities.ent):

<!ENTITY client "client_name">
<!ENTITY client_short "client_short">
<!ENTITY project "project_name">
<!ENTITY client_logo "images/logo.png">

Then, in each of the content files (I put mine in the book and xincluded
section files) use this decl:

<!DOCTYPE book [
<!ENTITY % client SYSTEM "client-entities.ent">         %client;
]>

or

<!DOCTYPE section [
<!ENTITY % client SYSTEM "client-entities.ent">         %client;
]>

as appropriate. This way, I can "single source" my entities and edit any
of the content and the entities will resolve.

The above examples work with DocBook v5.0, though I've also used it with
  v4.5 and a full DTD declaration.

HTH,

--Scott