Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Disabling hyphenation on selected strings

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Andrew McFarland <aamcfarland@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to be able to mark arbitrary subsections of para elements as
>  "non-hyphenatable", something like this:
>
>  <para>Hyphenate anywhere here <span type="no-hyphens">Do not hyphenate
>  this text</span> Hyphenate anywhere here</para>

Hi,

We use the <phrase> inline and a @role attribute behavior to implement
this in our customization. You'll need to check on what works with
your FO processor, but we add these two attributes to our current
fo:inline when we hit a matching phrase:

           <xsl:attribute
name="keep-together.within-line">always</xsl:attribute>
           <xsl:attribute name="hyphenate">false</xsl:attribute>

HTH,
Keith