Subject: Re: [docbook] RE: [docbook-apps] RE: [docbook] RE: [docbook-apps]db 5 and Dita anyone?

Barton Wright wrote:

> Another +1 for a non-xinclude conref feature.

Well, conref also has its own issues.

> No one talks about the hidden cost of xincludes, which is that they
> are expensive in terms of the time they take in a large Java-based
> doc build process. The more xincludes our doc set accrues, the longer
> the doc build takes.

There is no reason why XInclude should be slower then conref, actually I
would expect that conref will be little bit slower as it has to be
implemented during XSLT processing, not just during XML parsing. But you
have to parse included file anyway, so there should not be big
difference. If XInclude processing is slow for you then there is
probably something broken in your toolchain.

OpenPGP digital signature