Subject: Using Schematron to define templates

I'm working on a DocBook template for a documentation project
plan, and it occurred to me that once I have a template defined,
I could create a set of Schematron assertions to check that an
instance conforms to the template.

I would want the instance to be valid DocBook at all times, but
would use Schematron to check for things like the presence of
required sections, the sequence of sections, the presence of
required metadata, and so forth.

Has anyone on the list used Schematron for something like this,
and if so how did it go?

I'd also be interested in any thoughts anyone has about the
appropriateness of using Schematron versus other methods (e.g.,
modifying the RelaxNG) for this purpose.

Regards,
Dick Hamilton
http://rlhamilton.net