Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using Schematron to define templates

Dick Hamilton <rlhamilton@frii.com>, 2008-05-20 17:32 -0600:

[...]
> I would want the instance to be valid DocBook at all times, but
> would use Schematron to check for things like the presence of
> required sections, the sequence of sections, the presence of
> required metadata, and so forth.
>
> Has anyone on the list used Schematron for something like this,
> and if so how did it go?

I know Petr Nalevka has developed some sets of Schematron
assertions for XHTML. I don't know where the originals are, but
modified copies are used in Henri Sivonen's Validator.nu
conformance-checking service as part of the set of checks it runs.
The sources for those modified copies here here:

  http://svn.versiondude.net/whattf/syntax/trunk/relaxng/assertions.sch
  http://svn.versiondude.net/whattf/validator/trunk/schema/xhtml10/wcag.sch
  http://svn.versiondude.net/whattf/validator/trunk/schema/xhtml10/xhtml.sch

:wq