Subject: link linkend xlink:href olink and xinclude, v5

Scenario

docbook book. v5
Each chapter and appendix is a seperate file xincluded into the main
book.xml

I want to link to a glossterm, in appendix A, from chapter 4.

My processing model is to expand xincludes, validate with Jing
then transform the 'included' version using docbook.

<link linkend='xml:id value'>hot text</link> works

<link
xlink:href='glossary.html#gloss.validation.candidate'>candidates</link>
works (but seems brittle)

I'm guessing olink works too.

but I guess we are getting to the point where
we have quite a few ways of linking between 'chunks' now.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.