Subject: Separator in informal table

Hi,

I have a set of informal tables where I want to insert some kind of
separator between two sets of rows. Visually in the case of XHTML, it
would be just fine if a horizontal line between these two sets of rows
was made bold.

What would achieve that? Using @rowsep on <row/> seemed to have no
effect. Should I instead use <tgroup/>s? But that make little sense,
because the same table footer and head applies to the two sets of rows;
I just want to mark the rows into two groups, not separate tables.

I'm using Docbook 5 with no customization layers, and my docbook source
is generated using XSL-T from other XML sources. I'd preferably see a
solution which wouldn't involve adding a customization layer. Anyone has
an idea?

Cheers,

                Frans