Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to generate TOC for article/appendix (usingFOP)

Bob Stayton wrote:
> Hi,
> This problem existed in 1.73.2, but it was fixed in 1.74.0.  I'm able to
> generate a toc in each article appendix when I use this generate.toc
> param in a customization layer when processing with fop 0.94.
>
> <xsl:param name="generate.toc">
> appendix  toc,title
> article   nop
> article/appendix   toc,title
> book      nop
> chapter   nop
> part      nop
> preface   nop
> qandadiv  nop
> qandaset  nop
> reference nop
> section   nop
> set       nop </xsl:param>
>
> However, it doesn't generate the TOC title.  But it sounds like you are
> using 1.74.0, so I'm not sure what else might be going wrong.

I also repeated the above exactly (also verifying that switching the
"article nop" to "article toc,title" generates a toc at the article level).

However, the appendix toc doesn't show up in my case. If the xsl
processor doesn't matter then I'm suspecting the particular xml source
that I'm using. Therefore, I've appended the minimal XML source with
which I tested the above.

I'd appreciate very much if someone tested with that source, verifying
that switching on/off the toc for both the article level and the
appendix level have the desired effect.

Thanks in advance,

Erik Leunissen
================= docbook xml source following ==

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd";>
<article>
  <title>An article</title>

  <section>