Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xsl parameter "ulink.footnotes" generating anerror

Erik,

I can't duplicate this error in my environment, but that could be for
any number or reasons.  What I normally do when I have a name space
problem is the following:

- make sure everything refers to the correct name space (and the same
  namespace in the source, customization, and standard stylesheets).
- make sure the prefixes are correct (so if you say xmlns:db="...."
  you also use db:xxx, not d:xxx)
- add the namespace definition (the xmlns line) to the customization,
  even though it doesn't yet have any elements that need it.
- make sure everything's spelled right; I can't remember how many times
  I've typed xls:param instead of xsl:param:).
- try the transform with a different source file to be sure the problem
  isn't there (and use a minimum file; just a declaration and a section
  with no real content will do).

If one of those things doesn't solve the problem, then I'd suggest
reposting the question with more information on your environment (i.e.,
which version of the stylesheets, which xslt processor, your xml source
file, your OS, etc.).

Hope that helps.

Dick Hamilton
http://rlhamilton.net