Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] RE: Link to Windows sharenames \servername\sharename

2008/6/26 <Cavicchio_Rob@emc.com>:
John Brown [mailto:johnbrown105@hotmail.com] wrote:

> Is there a way to construct a link to a Windows sharename?
> <link
> xlink:href=""\\server\shared-folder"/>\\server\shared-folder</link> > does not work.

This should work:

<ulink url="file://server/shared-folder/">\\server\shared-folder</ulink>

I'm no expert here, but when I create a file URL for a link on our intranet (for access via a browser), I have to do ...

file://///server/share/folder/file.ext

Yep. 5 /

The protocol part is file:///

Followed by the UNC name but with the \ change to /

So

//server/share/folder/file.ext

sort of thing.

Hope this helps.

*************************
Rob Cavicchio
Principal Technical Writer
EMC Captiva
EMC Corporation
10145 Pacific Heights Boulevard, 6th Floor
San Diego, CA 92121-4234

P: (858) 320-1208
F: (858) 320-1010
E: Cavicchio_Rob@emc.com

The opinions expressed in this message are my own and should in no way
be interpreted to reflect the opinions of EMC.