Subject: Re: Why doesn't book alllow info?

Jean Jordaan <jean.jordaan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there
>
> At http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/
> I see 'info' listed as a replacement for 'bookinfo' among others.
>
> However at http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/titlereq.info.html
> the allowed parents of 'info' do not include 'book'. Also XMLMind
> Editor doesn't allow 'info' in 'book'.
> The info about a book is different from that about the preface or a
> chapter. So how to do the equivalent of 'bookinfo'?

Look at the definition of book:
http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/book.html

There are two <info> elements: db.info and db.titleforbidden.info.
I assume that this means that if your <book> has a <title>,
it can still have an <info>, but the <info> must not contain a
<title>. The link that you provided points to db.titleforbidden.info.

Anyway, <info> *is* a child of <book> which I am using right now.
However, <info> is new with DocBook 5.0, so if XMLMind is using the
v 4.5 DTD, then you cannot enter v 5.0 tags.

1) Does XMLmind support Relax NG?

2) If you download the v 5.0 RELAX NG schema, would you be able to tell
   XMLMind to use it to for validation and auto-completion?