Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xref referencing procedures

Hi Dean,
You seem to be particularly adept at pointing out incompletely implemented features. 8^)  (and we appreciate it).

In this case, the template that decides whether to number procedures in xrefs is missing from common/common.xsl.  Add this to your customization layer, and please file a bug report on SourceForge so it gets fixed in the source.

<xsl:template match="procedure" mode="is.autonumber">
  <xsl:value-of select="$formal.procedures"/>
</xsl:template>

Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:32 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] xref referencing procedures

All,
I am having a bit of a problem getting an XREF to show procedure number number and title.

<procedure id="door">
     <title>Door Closing</title>

and then referencing it with:

This ends up with:

When you leave a room please close the door using Door Closing.

Rather than:

When you leave a room please close the door using Procedure 3.1, Door Closing.

The xrefs for chapter, section, and figures still come up correctly xref'd.

And ideas around this?

Regards,
Dean Nelson