Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problem with XInclude

For about five minutes in 2004, a "Last Call" draft of XInclude
indicated that the namespace  URI *was* http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-xinclude-20040413/#status

Xerces shipped a version of their parser that (only, IIRC) honoured the
"2003" URI, but they pulled that soon after:

http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xinclude.html#faq-10

I wouldn't be surprised to find that some XInclude processors honour
either namespace, in the interest of Postel's law.

AC