Subject: Tutorial Published for using LyX to create Docbook XML documents

Hi,

lyX is currently my favorite text editor, especially when it comes to writing software documentation.  LyX's support for Docbook XML is slightly cludgy, though, because the application is really designed to help create LaTex documents.  I have written a tutorial on how to use lyX to produce Docbook XML which can be transformed into XHTML or PDF documents.  The tutorial shows how to leverage XML technologies, such as XSL, to create customized versions of Docbook XSL stylesheets that fix some of lyX's Docbook problems.

The tutorial, with source code, has been posted here:
http://www.neomantic.com/tutorials/lyx-and-docbookXML

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,
Chad
--
Chad A.
http://www.neomantic.com