Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] should simplesect be chunked?

I had noticed that simplesects don't chunk a while back when some of our
writers wanted a way to create sections that don't chunk and simplesect
seemed a possible answer. I was worried though that it was a bug that
would be fixed someday :-) So I implemented <?dbhtml stop-chunking?> to
let writers control where chunking stops and that's now part of the
xsls.

I don't have strong feelings about simplesects chunking since we use the
processing instruction. I can obviously understand the need for giving
writers the option of creating sections that don't chunk. I do think
that either simplescts should chunk or "The Definitive Guide" should be
updated to indicate that the processing expectation is that they don't
chunk (or it should be parameterized). The current processing
instruction will stop the chunking of simplesects too btw.

David