Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Adding an icon before a chapter title -continuation

Hi,
I'm not quite clear on how your custom "chaptitle.title" template is being
called.  I'm guessing that you have customized the titlepage spec file as
described in my book:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitleFontSizes.html#ChapterTitles

If so, then the $node variable in the template contains the chapter element,
and you can use $node/@icon  to get at the attribute value.  The reason
@icon didn't work is because the context node for the template is the
chapter's title element, not the chapter.  How do I know that?  If you look
in titlepage.templates.xsl, you will find now the original "component.title"
template was called for a chapter:

<xsl:template match="title" mode="chapter.titlepage.recto.auto.mode">
<fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
xsl:use-attribute-sets="chapter.titlepage.recto.style" font-size="24.8832pt"
font-weight="bold">
<xsl:call-template name="component.title">
<xsl:with-param name="node" select="ancestor-or-self::chapter[1]"/>
</xsl:call-template>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

This template matches on title, which makes the title the context node for
the call to "component.title".

I think if you had used parent::chapter/@icon  in your customization it
would have worked as well.