Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook with Math ML/Latex => PDF

Andy,
I usually place the MathML in a separate file and include them when I need to:

      <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" href="met-Math-template.xml"  />
    </equation>
Then the file looks like (under DB 4.5):

----
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
     <!DOCTYPE mml:math PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD MathML 2.0//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd" [
        <!ENTITY % MATHML.prefixed "INCLUDE">
        <!ENTITY % MATHML.prefix "mml">
        ]>
 <mml:math xmlns:mml="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML" id="mymath">
    <mml:mrow>
    <mml:mo>&sum;</mml:mo>
    <mml:mn>4</mml:mn>
    <mml:mo>+</mml:mo>
    <mml:mi>x</mml:mi>
  </mml:mrow>
</mml:math>
---

This works well for PDF (via Jeuclid/FOP), However, I still need to solve the issue of HTML output, in the "most general" scenario, as some browsers don't like MathML yet.

Has anyone used MathML with mediaobjects for both PDF and HTML?

Dean Nelson