Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Docbook with Math ML/Latex => PDF

Justus-bulk@Piater.name wrote:
> Dave Pawson <davep@dpawson.co.uk> wrote on Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:22:47
> +0100:
>
>> HTML I believe it's a browser feature?
>> So is it reasonable to simply pass the mathml through to the html?
>
> Yes, and absolutely yes.
>
>> Agreed there are no standards (yet). W3C seem very slow to get to
>> grips with multi-namespaced documents.
>
> True, but recommendations and best practices have been around for many
> years; see e.g. http://www.w3.org/Math/XSL/Overview.html and
> http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/.

I'll collate the options from this thread to the FAQ;

What I'd like to hear is what users think of the various mathml options.
How complete they are, what problems you met, general impressions.

If we can get a consensus that tool X and process Y works we
can add it to the docbook documentation and / or the faq.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.