Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] v5. info element

Hi Dave,
Since you mention ns stripping, I presume you are processing a DB5 document
with the non-namespaced stylesheets.  If so, then I can tell you that in the
stripping process the d:book/d:info element is transformed into an info
element, at least in the 1.74.0 stylesheets (see common/stripns.xsl).  The
stylesheets do handle info, even though it is not a DB4 element, simply as a
convenience in this manner:

  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="bookinfo/title">
      <xsl:apply-templates mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode"
select="bookinfo/title"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="info/title">
      <xsl:apply-templates mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode"
select="info/title"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="title">
      <xsl:apply-templates mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode"
select="title"/>
    </xsl:when>
  </xsl:choose>

This construction enables the base stylesheets to be easily transformed into
the namespaced stylesheets by a mechanical process.

I think what you are seeing is that the template that matches on book does
not do a general apply-templates on the info element.  Instead, the
titlepage.templates.xsl stylesheet module selectively applies templates to
some of the children of info, based on the specs in the
titlepage.templates.xml spec file.  So a template with match="/book/info"
would never be reached, unless you customized the match="book" template to
apply it.  If the titlepage spec file includes revhistory for book, then
match="/book/info/revhistory" will be applied.   By default, revhistory is
not specified for book in the titlepage spec file.