Subject: Landscape tables across multiple pages

I have got some long wide tables in my DocBook article. I would like
to either place them on a series of landscape pages, or keep them on a
portrait page but have them rotated. I found a solution which does the
latter but not adequately: The tables don't split across multiple
pages.

I have done a search of the archives and came across this thread,
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200301/msg00144.html,
which suggests that the best way to do it is to use PSMI
(http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/psmi/index.htm). However,
this only appears to work for tables that are direct children of
chapters and appendices. My DocBook is an article, and so the tables
are children of sections.

That thread appeared in 2004. Have things moved on from there now? Can
anyone advise me what the best way of achieving landscape tables is
with DocBook today?

Thanks,

Paul

--